Health, Title IIID
A healthy senior is a happy senior, and we strive to help the elderly remain healthy and independent. The Health Program includes:
- The Milton E. Nichols Wellness Center located at the Senior Activity Center offers a wide variety of exercise equipment for use during regular business hours. Equipment available at the center includes a handicap accessible weight machine, stair stepper, tread mills, and recumbent and stationary bicycles. Use of the equipments costs $10.00 per month or $25.00 for 3 months.
- Free Aerobics is offered Monday, Wednesday and Fridays 11:00 a.m. to Noon.
- Regularly scheduled health seminars are presented on a variety of topics throughout the year.
- Hypertension clinics – individuals may have their blood pressure checked any time during regular business hours. Physician overseen clinics are available at the Senior Activity Center on Thursday from 11:00 to 1:00 p.m. In addition to checking blood pressure, individuals can get information and suggestions in maintaining a healthy blood pressure.
- Health Fair Screening – Laramie County Senior Services along with Wyoming Health Fairs is able to offer a limited amount of certificates for individuals to have a screening free or at a reduced rate during the Annual Health Fair.