CHANGES IN INCOME-HOUSEHOLdD COMPOSITION
Participants are required to report changes in the family income and composition between annual reexamination. Changes must be reported by the 21st of the month the change has occurred in. When rent is established at time of move in or during the annual reexamination the rental rate remains in effect until the next annual reexamination or until circumstances have need for a an income review.
When any of the following occur, rent, household composition and income will be reviewed:
- Additional person/persons residing in unit.
- Participant requests a rent review due to a decrease in participant income or change in household size or a change in other circumstances which would lower the rent payment according HUD regulations.
- Change in regulations requiring a review.
NOTE: All changes in the household composition must be reported by the 21st of the month the change occurs in. This includes but is not limited to:
- Temporary employment
- Season positions
- Part-time employment
- Individual or family business
- Loss of Employment
- Addition of an Adult/Child
- Removal of an Adult/Child
Failure to report changes in income by the 21st of the month in which the change occurs will result in a full interim reexamination or could affect your housing assistance.