Southern Wyoming Retired and Senior Volunteer Program (RSVP)
- RSVP is sponsored by Cheyenne Housing Authority under a Board of Commissioners that includes five Mayor appointed community representatives.
- RSVP is a granted program of the Corporation for National Service, which has other programs such as Foster Grandparents, Senior Companions, VISTA and AmeriCorp.
- Funding for the program comes from the Corporation for National Service (Federal), cities and counties of Wyoming, State of Wyoming Aging Division, a planned giving program, fundraisers, and assorted grants.
- Southern Wyoming RSVP Members volunteer in 8 Wyoming Communities which include – Lincoln, Uinta, Sweetwater, Carbon, Albany, Laramie, Platte and Goshen.
- Local match money goes to the senior volunteers as benefits which include mileage and meal reimbursement and insurance coverage.
- RSVP has an Advisory Council that includes senior volunteers and community members.
- RSVP staff includes a Project Director, and an Outreach Coordinator.